miércoles, 30 de noviembre de 2016

LAIR: I e-mailed you your final grades

If you want to know your grades in the final exam and in the entire class, check your Tec e-mail. Remember the revisión is tomorrow, but it is optional. Just to be clear:

The revisión is NOT:

  • Mandatory for me. I'm obligated to upload a grade for each student 48 hours after the exam itself, but not to be trapped in a classroom for two hours with your graded exams before doing so. I do it because I care about you and about answering your questions, not because I have to. 
  • A negotiation of your grade if you don't like it. Unless you find a mistake I made, your grade is quite final.
  • An opportunity to artificially raise your grade. This is called corruption, and I don't stand for it.
  • Your last chance to show commitment to the class. You're supposed to do that during the semester.
The revisión IS:
  • For students who have concrete questions about their grades. For example, maybe you're wondering how getting a 65 in the final exam translates into getting an 80 in your final grade, and I'll be happy to show you. 
  • For students who failed the class and want to know what's gonna happen now. I can give you advice and hear you out. Just so you know: it's going to be okay. Failing a class just means you're not ready for the next one, and that's fine. It doesn't mean you're stupid or a bad person, it just means you need to adjust your efforts when you try again next semester. Take this as an opportunity to try harder and as evidence that second (and sometimes third) chances do exist.
  • A good chance to drop by to say hi to me and wish me a happy winter break. I'm going to Culiacán to visit my grandma and then spending Christmas and New Year's here in CDMX. I also plan on watching a lot of Game of Thrones and rewatching a lot of RuPaul's Drag Race.
  • An opportunity to chat about next semester and what's to come. 20th century history, here we come! 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario

If you have an important question, please e-mail me. These comments are not a reliable form of communication.